Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dog of the Week:   Daisy

Daisy is absolutely the sweetest little dog we have...    She was rescued from a kill shelter on her last day of life.   The caretaker just couldn't do it.  Risked his job to call someone in a local rescue group to come and get her.  She has fit right into our "pack", is probably the youngest dog we have, and loves to play with anybody she can get to cooperate.  We think she is mostly a Schnoodle  -- Schnauzer/Poodle mix.

Sigh!   Deep breath!   Thank goodness the holidays are finally over and life can settle back into normal mode.

I started this quilt before Christmas but just finished it yesterday.   I do like to make 2-sided quilts.  This one, however, was a happy accident.   Although I had planned all of the pieced blocks to be the top, they just would not play well together no matter how much I tried to force them.   So I put the plain black squares between the pieced ones making a nice 2-sided quilt.  This is the first time I tried to FMQ with a pattern.  Didn't do great, but not so awful for first try.





I have not totally decided on the next project to start; however, since I want to try to do The Quilting Board BOM for 2013,  I spent today cutting fabric and sewing it together completely wrong...  Oh well, they say patience is a virtue.  Tomorrow I will rip the seams and try again.  Maybe pictures of success tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment